By now we’re sure you’ve learned about all of the great health benefits of probiotics. The next step is getting creative with your probiotics and finding ways to make sure you’re getting your daily dose—something we’re excited to help you with! Smoothies are a morning staple for many people, loved for their variability, convenience, and creamy, delicious taste. You can never have too many smoothie recipes to choose from, so why not take your smoothie to the next level and amp up your immune system by adding our Flavorless Immune Health powder packets?
We enlisted the help of Master Mixologist and brilliant blacksmith Allison Cooper, who artfully concocted a ginger, pear, & avocado smoothie that will perk up your immune system and tickle your tastebuds. Rich and healthy, this smoothie boasts multiple ingredients that complement our unique blend of probiotics to help boost your immune system and fill your belly. Cold and flu season is just around the corner, so why not head it off the fun way—with a tasty treat.
Our probiotics are formulated for everyone and this belly-warming smoothie is too! It’s 100% vegan and gluten-free, meaning it can be tailored to anyone. So, go ahead—play around with the ingredients, adjust to your liking, and treat yourself!
Immunity-Boosting Pearfectly Probiotic Smoothie
Serves: 1 as a meal OR 2 as a hearty snack
Prep time: 10 minutes
1-2 packets H2PRO Flavorless Immune Health formula
1 tbsp grated or finely chopped ginger (adjust to taste)
1 cup water
1-2 leaves fresh kale, deveined and chopped
1 cup pear, cut in 1/2″ cubes
1/2 small ripe avocado, cubed
1 lime, juiced (or hand-squeezed)
1 heaping tbsp raw, unsalted almond butter
2 heaping tbsp of coconut cream (skimmed from the top of full-fat coconut milk)
Agave nectar, honey, or other natural sweetener, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, mixing until you reach your desired consistency. Add in additional water or fresh citrus juice if you want a smoother texture and ice if you prefer your smoothies chilled (add ice at the end, after all other ingredients are already happily nestled in the blender, to avoid a crunchy texture). For best results, drink your smoothie within two hours. Want it to stay fresh longer? Add the juice of one lemon.
Optional method for increasing available nutrients:
Before blending your smoothie, make a quick and easy “kale tea” to help bring out nutrients and intensify flavor. This can be done the day before to make your morning smoothie routine even easier. If you like a little spice, start by boiling the chopped ginger in a cup of water for 5 minutes (expect some water evaporation). If the extra zing isn’t your style, skip the ginger and move to the next step.
Remove the pot from the heat, add the kale, and stir until the kale is blanched (slightly softened). Transfer the mixture into a cup or bowl and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator or freezer. Once it’s completely cool, proceed with the prep instructions above.
A Host of Health Benefits
We love this smoothie because it’s a tasty, immune-boosting powerhouse. But don’t take our word for it—take a peek under the hood! Our unique probiotic blend contains 7 billion Colony Forming Units that can reinforce your immune system, boost your respiratory health, and help you #loveyourguts by restoring health to your digestive system. Our formulation includes:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus paracasei
- Bifidobacterium lactis (Bi-07)
- Bifidobacterium lactis (Bi-04)
Our Immune Health probiotic formula contains additional micronutrients and vitamins to help strengthen your immune system:
- Arginine: this essential amino acid strengthens the immune system by increasing lymphocyte production.
- Zinc: acts as an enzyme to support cell growth, protein synthesis, and immunity.
- Glutamine: a non-essential amino acid, glutamine is the digestive tract’s preferred fuel in the synthesis of immune specific RNA & DNA.
- Vitamin C: a metabolic co-factor used to build and maintain tissues and strengthen the immune system.
- Vitamin D3: an important pro-hormone in metabolism and immunity.
Aside from creating a tasty concoction, the other ingredients in the smoothie were hand-picked for their immunity support.
- Avocados: Bursting with healthy fatty acids and vitamins A, C, and E, the antioxidants in avocados work to strengthen your immune system.
- Kale: Did you know that this popular leafy green can quadruple your antibody production? Kale is loaded with vitamins A and C, making it a potent immune-booster.
- Ginger: Ginger provides a spicy zing to dishes and drinks while soothing a sickly stomach. It’s also a strong antioxidant and antimicrobial that can aid in staving off illness!
- Pear: Pears are full of antioxidants and can help build up your immune system, while adding a little sweetness to this smoothie.
What are you waiting for? Grab your blender, pull out a packet of H2PRO Flavorless Immune Health, and get ready to to kick your immune system into gear with this delicious, dynamic drink. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack to get over your midday hump or a filling breakfast to start your day, you’re sure to fall in love with our Immunity-Boosting Pearfectly Probiotic Smoothie.
Have a healthy recipe that includes H2PRO? We’d love to hear about it! Send us an email or leave a comment and your recipe may be featured on our blog.